Life Of IIT-JEE Failure - Biggest Lessons I learnt after failing IIT-JEE.

In this blog, I am going to share the Life Lessons IIT-JEE taught me.

I had got rejected by all the IIT's for which I dreamt from class 9th and worked hard day and night!!!

IIT-JEE Failure


LIFE LESSONS

1. Hustle Mentality

IIT-JEE Failure

If you want to get something in your life you need to work SUPER-HARD for achieving it. This was the first thing I learned. I remember when I was in 12th grade my schedule was completely packed up. I used to wake up early in the morning go to school at 8am and get back by 8pm. Basically, I used to spend 12hrs in the school, coaching center, and doing hard work there. Now, this hard work led to me build this hustle mentality for working and sacrificing I didn't enjoy festivals, parties just for the one goal of cracking JEE. I gave my whole heart and soul for the one goal. I was so tensed that even my weight dropped just for preparing I would skip meals, this was the level of commitment I had. The mindset of creating a dream, creating a vision that you want to work towards, and just putting your all towards that. I feel that lots of people who give JEE exams after the exams they just chill and party. But in my case, I got the result and I was not selected, and that in itself was heartbreaking for me at that point. I didn't even think that anything like this could happen to me. So, what I did is that I never stopped the 'JEE mindset'. I was constantly learning programming and lots of more stuff.

2. Accessing Ability

You need to learn to access yourself in whatever skill you are learning or whatever exam you are trying to crack. I think I should have used a time clock while solving the problems. When you are solving a problem from the book you need to have a time clock from which you can analyze how much time is needed to solve a particular type of problem. But I regret it as I didn't know that. I never know that something like this I should've done. I was left with the last 3-4 months during this time I gave lots of tests and a bunch of exams to prepare myself to access my particular ability to solve the questions. Evaluating yourself once in a while for an exam or whenever you are learning a particular skill is really important.

3. Focus On What You Love

IIT-JEE Failure

I hated inorganic chemistry but I loved physics, I loved mathematics and I think this was one of the problems with the JEE exams as it confines you in learning a particular set of concepts, and these problems and these concepts might not help you even in the real world. This is the problem I faced I learned very early that I am not interested in chemistry. I took this as a lesson and I went into college and I focused on only what excites me what motives me to move further and learn what I love as much as possible. I learned Python, I learned Web Development, I learned React, I learned the complete MERN stack. I learned about things that felt a lot more exciting to me. 

Finally, I would like to tell IIT-JEE is not the end.


What was your IIT-JEE Story? Let me know below in the comments!

1 comment: